I was at Universal CityWalk Hollywood and came across this VooDoo Doughnuts at Mothers Day! During busy days VooDoo usually has preset grab n go boxes ready for sale so people don’t wait in long lines inside the store. Once you go inside the store there are so many unique flavored doughnuts that you just want to try all. As far as my review goes, I will start with the classic preset box first:
Classic Half Dozen Box special
This VooDoo Classic Box sure takes you to you back in time during the classic days. I feel very lucky to get this 3 eye monster doughnut because on the pictures it has 2 eyes, just looks yummy. This Half Dozen Classic Box comes with this doughnuts:
- Little Pink – Raised ring dipped in strawberry flavored frosting and a smattering of round sprinkles.
- Voodoo Doll – Raised yeast doughnut filled with raspberry jelly topped with chocolate frosting and a pretzel stake.
- Double Chocolate – Chocolate cake doughnut with chocolate frosting.
- Maple Bar – Raised yeast doughnut with maple frosting on top.
- Sprinkle Cake – Plain cake doughnut with vanilla frosting and sprinkles.
- Raised Glazed – Raised yeast doughnut with glaze.
My favorite of this preset box is the double chocolate, just has the craving chocolate taste. The VooDoo Doll or as I would like to call it the monster has jelly inside and is very sweet, but looks very pleasing to eat. Doll sure doesn’t look like a classic doughnut, but the taste and jelly inside give the classic side of the taste. Very Good!